Wednesday, March 14, 2012

So, I may have gone a little overboard on the spices...

Hi. My name is Chelsea and I am blogging to keep myself cooking, and keep myself sane. I am just learning how to cook, and, so, I've decided to share my exploits, and my experiments with cooking here.

My story starts when I was younger, and raised in the Midwest, eating mostly white, bland, and even plain looking foods for the most part. Being Norwegian and Swedish, this is a part of my heritage, and I hail from the bland food capital of the world. Throughout the last few years, though, I have expanded my palette, albeit kicking, screaming, and some whining and yelling were included, too. I have been pushed by my significant other to eat more and more spicy things, and I've learned to love them along the way. I also enjoy cooking , even though I'm not very good at it. I like learning, and I enjoy the process. Being taught is one thing, but learning on my own is another.

I've created this blog not to educate, or show how I can cook easily made foods, but to share some recipes that are easy and made for 1 or 2 people, which are the hardest to find. My other mission is to share my lessons in cooking, and cook more complicated food along the way.

Also, in my conquest to find recipes recently that I can make easily, and sometimes quickly, I have found that I have no spices, or any useful ones anyway. So, I bought some today, and hopefully this helps in my new endeavors in the land of cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment