Thursday, March 15, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Pesto Noodles

So, I decided to try out this recipe that I found online: 


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions

  1. Place Parmesan cheese into a shallow bowl.
  2. Beat eggs and water together in a bowl.
  3. Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture.
  4. Press chicken into Parmesan cheese. Gently toss between your hands so any cheese crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Place the coated chicken onto a plate while coating the rest; do not stack.
  5. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry chicken strips in batches until no longer pink in the center and crust is golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.


It worked out pretty well. This recipe (from allrecipes.com )was easy and i had all of the ingredients for once. Yay! Usually, this is kind of a problem for me, seeing as I'm not a very good grocery shopper. My guy always advises me to get foods that I can make into a meal, but this has failed to happen often, as of yet. I don't have main ingredients mostly, though, so next time I will check the recipe before I get everything done for the day. Then, I will go to make the chicken, or whatever it may be, and make sure I have all of the ingredients needed beforehand. In the end, this recipe ended up a little Parmesan-y for me. If I make this again, I will be sure not to smoosh the chicken so hard into the parmesan, or put less Parmesan cheese into the bowl that is used for dipping the chicken into. But, I did it. Looks delicious, doesn't it?  (Paired with the last of my honey wine also. Delicioso!) 






No comments:

Post a Comment